The basic problem of minorities is socio-economic and educational backwardness. In order to overcome this problem the state government has formulated few schemes for the development of minorities. The Minorities Welfare Department identified Osmania University as the nodal agency to implement projects for the educational development of minorities in the state. The Osmania University has established the Centre for Educational Development of Minorities at Nizam College in 1994. The Centre is implementing the following two major projects sponsored by the state government.
Project – I: An integrated project on improving the classroom performance of school children belonging to minorities.
- Free coaching and study material to minorities appearing for SSC Urdu Medium.
Project – II: A comprehensive project on improving the participation and performance of minority candidates in competitive examinations.
- Free Coaching to admission seeking competitive examinations like POLYCET, DEECET, EAMCET / NEET, ICET, ECET, EdCET etc.
- Free Coaching to Job seeking Competitive Examinations TRT, TS-TET, etc.
- Educational empowerment of minorities especially the poor and the weak. To instill confidence and provide a level play field for poor and weak among the minorities to face competition as equal and reach their goal.
- To raise the quality of education of the candidates belonging to minority communities.
- To equip minority candidates to face admission seeking and job seeking competitive examinations through special coaching.
- To protect and promote the interest of students studying through Urdu medium by providing free coaching and free distribution of study materials.
- To provide counselling and career guidance to minority candidates in the area of education and employment.
- To evaluate the programmes meant for educational development of minorities.
- To suggest programmes and policy packages for the educational development of minorities.
Teacher’s day celebrations at CEDM TET 2023
FREE U/M AND E/M COACHING PROGRAMME.
NIZAM COLLEGE. HYDERABAD .